About Department :
|UG Degree course offered||B. E. (IT)|
|UG Course Duration||4 years|
|UG Year of Establishment||1999|
|Approved by||AICTE, New Delhi|
|NBA Accredited||Two times accredited by NBA|
|Affiliated to||Savitri Bai Phule Pune University|
DYPCOE was one of the four colleges to start Information Technology course under Savitri Bai Phule Pune University. Information Technology Department started with intake of 30 in 1999. First batch passed out in 2003. Intake increased to 60 in 2000 and 90 in 2001 and 120 in 2011. IT program conducted by department is of international standard. About 870 students passed out and all are well placed in IT industry. Department is second time accredited by NBA-AICTE in 2013 for the period of 2 years
The Department of Information Technology aims at imparting quality education in the realm of IT, Software Engineering & Domain Specific Application with an objective to enhance and expand the knowledge and skill sets of target students, so that they can contribute in the betterment of Society at large. The department of Information Technology was established with the objective of producing highly proficient technocrats who can meet the standards of the corporate. The department purports to have dexterous mentors adept at molding the student talent pool. A team of well qualified faculty navigates issuing priceless guidance and tapping the potential of students.
It is estimated that a huge number of IT professionals will be needed in India five years down the line in keeping with the global trend. Indian professionals are respected across the world for their IT-related skills. Our focus in this department is not only on completing the curriculum to pass the examinations but we also try to keep up with the developments in the technology and expose the students to the latest to ensure that they are able to cope up with the fast changing IT scenario.
The Department is in purpose-built accommodation, and is equipped with teaching and office space as well as well equipped laboratories for computer-based teaching. In addition, we have well established Computer labs. All faculty of Department are members of various professional societies and technical bodies like IEEE, ACM, CSI, ISTE, IACSIT etc. We have signed MOU with Zensar Technologies for student exchange and projects. Our department is also a member of EMC2 Academic Alliance collaboration with colleges and universities for “Preparing the next generation of IT professionals”.
We are proud to state that our Department has given better placement with good package to the students till date and is running to the Centre of Excellence which conducts number of value added courses for the knowledge and skills up gradation of the students to cater the need of current corporate scenario.
Vision and Mission :
Developing globally competent IT professional for sustainable growth of humanity.
1. To empower students for developing systems and innovative products for solving real life problems.
2. To build strong foundation in computing knowledge that enables self-development entrepreneurship and Intellectual property.
3. To develop passionate IT professional by imparting global competencies and skills for serving society.
Programme Educational Objectives
Core Competence: To provide students with a solid foundation in mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals required to solve engineering problems and also to pursue higher studies.
Breadth: To train students with good scientific and engineering breadth so as to comprehend, analyse, design, and create novel products and solutions for the real life problems.
Professionalism: To inculcate in students professional and ethical attitude, effective communication skills, teamwork skills, multidisciplinary approach, and an ability to relate engineering issues to broader social context.
Learning Environment: To provide student with an academic environment aware of excellence, leadership, written ethical codes and guidelines, and the life-long learning needed for a successful professional career.
Attainment: To prepare students to excel in research or to succeed in industry/technical profession through global, rigorous education and research and to become future entrepreneurs.
Program Specific Outcomes
1. Placement: Enhance employability of students through design methodologies, application development tools and building knowledge base in Networking, Database, Web applications, Security etc.
2. Higher Studies: To prepare students to excel in postgraduate programmers or to succeed in industry by using knowledge of basic programming languages: syntax and semantics, problem analysis etc.
3. Project Development: Acquire ability to identify and solve IT problems by undertaking a team project and to improve communication skill and ability to work in team. Develop confidence for establishing their own IT companies in future.
4. Life-long Learning: To groom the students to Design, implement, and assess an IT based or computer based system to meet desired needs of society.
Click Here for Placement Information 2015-16