|PG Degree course offered||M.E. Production (Manufacturing Engineering and Automation)|
|PG Course Duration||2 years|
|PG Year of Establishment||2005|
|Approved by||AICTE, New Delhi|
|Affiliated to||Savitribai Phule Pune University|
Production Engineering Department was started in 2002 with an intake capacity of 30 students. Intake capacity was increased from 30 to 60 with effect from July 2009. The degree course in Production Engineering-Sandwich is different from regular Production Engineering course.
One of the important features of production-Sandwich lies in fact that it includes one year Industrial training as a part of academics. This gives opportunity for students to learn practical working procedures as well as latest technical skills.
During this training period, students can apply their theoretical knowledge and acquire skills to enhance their performance in engineering field. The department is having close interaction with industries that helps in getting sponsored projects and potential exists for quality improvement of the course. Regular interaction of all faculties helps students to clarify doubts as well as motivate students in exploring latest trends in the Industry.
This training helps to convert students ready to work in Industries. Most of our students are directly absorbed where they have worked for training during Sandwich course.
Vision of the Department:
“Strive for Excellence”
Mission of the Department:
To educate the students to transform them as professionally competent and quality conscious engineers by providing conducive environment for teaching, learning, and overall personality development, culminating the institute into an international seat of excellence.
1. Enable the graduates to apply the knowledge of core courses like Machines, Tools, Automation & Design for manufacturing, CAD/CAM and robotics practically apart from knowledge of physics, mathematics & science and be able to develop & resolve problems in operations.
2. Gain ability to think, apply ethical & professional principles.
3. Demonstrated capability of using productivity tools like six-sigma, industrial engineering, CAD/CAM, Mathematical modeling etc.
4. Students will able to apply healthy competition, formulation of studies, and research framework in practice during their program.
5. Faculty and student will feel conducive environment for learning and outcome oriented systems.
6. Ability to have an influence as a member of technical team demonstrated by students.
1. Program will be able to demonstrate student’s outcome as professionally benefit to society through appropriate competence in fields of engineering, management & allied areas.
2. Program will demonstrate commitment to provide engineering ability and enhancement paving the path to lifelong learning through professional accomplishments.
3. Program will provide necessary assistance to students and teachers for publishing papers and / or technical reports, poster competitions, employability skills by correlating with external stakeholders.
4. Program will equip the students with ethical and professional values apart from necessary technical and professional skill sets.
5. Students will be able to take start ups and graduates will aspire for entrepreneurs in relevant areas.