More than a goal for DYP, it is a mandate of reducing mental imbalance, promoting sustainable development with harmony and building good governance.
From the establishment of DYP the student support governing council also accommodates students themselves as stakeholders. Here are the governing councils of DYP to amend in student support.
“Discrimination and assaults against women; are against any positive future for the country...”
At DYP we work efficiently and effectively towards balancing the parameter of equality between men and women. The council has a direct approach to incidents, if any occurs, getting them resolved with an unbiased methodology. The director or the dean heads the council of members ensuring timely workshops to be undertaken on harassment comprehended with an inclination of legal actions in such cases. The complaint hierarchy is strictly followed to avoid communication failures. Information materials as in posters, handouts and eye lying pictorials are showcased in campus.
NO TO RAGGING
“A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.” Mahatma Gandhi
Under Section 26(1)(g) of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 Anti Ragging Committee is formed with definite rules are displayed on the notice board for awareness of the students. Following the amendment DYP have procedures wherein meetings by Anti-Squad members at regular interval, Surprising visits to hostels, in campus and off campus area. Billboards and analysis of ragging consequences are displayed in all student sections; canteens, restroom, hostels, classes, auditorium, etc. Programs concerning to these activities are hosted in campus and hostels.
Following faculty members are appointed for smooth conduction of committee work
List of Measures taken to curb menace of Ragging:
• Anti-Ragging Committee is formed.
• Anti-Ragging squads are constituted.
• Signed affidavits from students & parents at the beginning of the academic year were taken.
• Complaint boxes are provided at various locations in college.
• Prominent display of anti-ragging posters is made.
• Hostel warden – full time with cell phone-available for 24 Hrs, is exclusively appointed.
• Definition of Ragging and Punishments in all notice boards is displayed.
• Distribution & display of important phone numbers of Principal / Warden / senior faculty / Management members, District & Sub-divisional authorities and Police officers.
• Senior Mentors & faculty in-charges are allotted for freshers, divided into small groups.
• Class councilors for each class are assigned.
• Grievance redressal cell at the central level is formed.
• Constant vigilance at key places is planned.
• Cultural / sports function – joint program will be arranged
• Each student will have college ID card.
• Fresher day will be arranged.
• Principal addressed all staff & students on Ragging.
• Parents are involved & informed of Ragging Act.
The punishment may also include any of the following:
• Withholding / withdrawing scholarship / fellowship and other benefits.
• Debarring from appearing for any test / examination or other evaluation process.
• Debarring from representing the Institution in any national or international meet, tournament, youth festival, etc.
• Rustication from the Institution for periods varying from 1 to 2 academic years.
• Expulsion from the Institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other Institution.
• Cancellation of admission.
• Suspension from attending classes
• Withholding results.
• Suspension, expulsion from the hostel.
• Fine up to Rs.50.000/-.
• Rigorous imprisonment up to ten years (by Court of Law) etc.
"Whatever your grievances, we are sure we can address them without resorting conflicts.”
The Grievance Redressal council works without diplomacy figuring out the reason for particular grievance as soon as it arrives. DYP has taken sincere efforts to train the members of council about how to handle grievances. We gather actual facts for an effective and correct decision making with alternative course of actions thought during this process. Such actions are examined on the existing and future management policies and analyzed for keeping a sense of accuracy doing justice to parties indulging in grievance.