Dr. D. Y. Patil Prathishthan's, D.Y. Patil College of Engineering, was established in 1984 in Pimpri and later shifted to Akurdi complex in 2001, which is in the vicinity of Pimpri Chinchwad Industrial area, one of the biggest Industrial belts in Asia. The college spreads over 10 acres of land with seven Engineering disciplines. This Institute is approved by AICTE, New Delhi and is affiliated to the Savitribai Phule Pune University.
The college has excellent & ambient infrastructure with well-equipped laboratories. Well-qualified, motivated, and dedicated faculty members are serving in the Institute. Students are encouraged to actively participate in National and State level co-curricular and extracurricular activities. The institute has well planned boys and girls hostel in the campus with better amenities and ultra-modern facilities.
|Under Graduate Level (First year Engineering)||Intake||Post Graduate Level||Intake|
||120||· Construction & Management||18|
|Electronics & Telecommunication|
||60||· VLSI & Embedded Systems||18|
||120||· Communication network||18|
|60||· Mechanical Design|
|· Heat Power||18|
|Production Engineering (Sandwich)||15|
|Manufacturing Engineering & Automation|
· Established in 1984
· Approved by AICTE,New Delhi
· Affiliated to Savitribai Phule Pune University
· Highly qualified and competent faculty
· Ultra-modern buildings and excellent infrastructure
· Well-equipped laboratories
· NRI quota as per AICTE norms
· Research and Consultancy Cell
· 100% placements through training and placement cell
· Environmental Impact Assessment Cell
· Highly enriching library facility including Internet, National and International journals
Excellence through Education:
Appreciated and recognized as a front runner in the education scenario. The D Y Patil College has become a prominent force in imparting quality education. The group strongly believes that quality education is a stepping stone to progress and success. With a long standing commitment towards quality teaching and learning, the group has nurtured values that go into the making of successful careers. Reiterating excellence in every venture explored, the group stands tall with its undeterred commitment to deliver quality education. Equipped with state of the art infrastructure, the group has a chain of 100 educational institutions that encourage individuals to think, question, explore and apply their well-honed minds to scale the newer heights of success. The college believes in imparting education that will build world citizens of tomorrow. Therefore it has ventured and excelled in uncommon streams like engineering, management, research and technology.
Moreover the college enjoys academic alliances with overseas universities that help to breach the educational and cultural divide between various and countries and us.
Best Practices of DYPCOE, Akurdi
1. Outcome Based Education (OBE): Outcome Based Education is used to perform teaching learning process so as to encourage students and faculty to have outcome based approach
2. MoU with Industries: In order to overcome a technological gap between Educational Institute and Industry requirements, College is developing contact with various industries. This interaction is operated under MoU (Memorandum of Understanding). MoU is executed to promote and strengthen the Industry-Institute Interaction for mutual benefits.
3. Progressive Assessment Sheet: Progressive assessment refers to frequent, interactive assessments of student progress and understanding to identify learning needs and adjust teaching appropriately.
4. Teacher Guardian Booklet: With the help of impact analysis section of the teacher guardian booklet, teacher can monitor student progress and can guide and counsel them if required. Student’s extra-curricular and co-curricular activities record is maintained under this file. Result analysis from FE to BE is also traced individually.
5. Infosys Campus Connect Foundation Programme: Campus connect is an industry-academia partnership initiative launched by Infosys. The campus Connect initiative aims to enhance the level of Engineering students, nationwide and thus increases the employability of these Engineers.
6. Promotion of students to participate in All Terrain Vehicle (ATV) Development for SAE BAJA INDIA Competition and SUPRA: Under this practice students work in different groups like marketing, design and analysis (chassis design, suspension system, steering system, braking system, Electric and electronic system design etc.), manufacturing etc. as per their interest. They manufacture the car in the college and participate in the SUPRA event organized by the SAE INDIA
7. Team Illuminati (Astronomy Club): The main goal of this club is to provide an opportunity for students to broaden their knowledge of Astronomy and to interact with other students who have interest in Astronomy.
8. Add On Course: Various add on Courses are imparted at department level for example Industrial automation using PLC & SCADA teaches students latest trends and technologies adopted by Industry and hands on experience with latest hardware and software used in Industry.
9. Industrial In Plant training/ Internship: Industrial in Plant Training is a powerful tool to enhance the practical learning experience of students beyond the theoretical academic structure of the curriculum. It also helps to enhance the Industry Institute Interactions.
10. Entrepreneur Development Cell: The Entrepreneur Development cell promotes the leadership skills, marketing skills, economical balance and corporate skills among students.
11. Videos: Video lectures are provided to the student for self learning and enhancing their own knowledge. One such activity is e-learning through NPTEL website. Students enroll themselves in various courses to gain knowledge.
12. Appraisal System: A well defined Appraisal System is used to motivate faculty to improve and enhance their personality. The Appraisal System consists of various domain like teaching learning, research activities, personality development and contribution to industry etc.
13. Academic Monitoring: This practice is used to keep the record that whether lectures and practical are conducted properly or not according to the timetable. It also used to keep record of student strength present on a particular day. This practice is performed daily. Student’s attendance is traced and verified rigorously on daily basis.
14. Project Exhibition: Project Exhibition "SARAANSH 2K18" was organized by D Y Patil College of Engineering, Akurdi between 28th May to 5th June 2018 for final year students. The main objective behind this project exhibition was to showcase innovative project ideas. Projects were evaluated by industry experts and the students have got very fruitful suggestions from the evaluators.
15. Use of ICT: Faculty members are using Gnomio, MOODLE, Wordpress website learning tool for students. Faculty members have created course content and students are enrolled to these courses. MOODLE is being used for sharing Assignments, Question banks, puzzles, quiz etc.
Institutional Distinctiveness of DYPCOE, Akurdi
1. Industry Collaborations:
In line with the Institutions Mission statement: “To educate the students to transform them as professionally competent and quality conscious engineers by providing conducive environment for teaching, learning, and overall personality development, culminating the institute into an international seat of excellence.” The industrial collaboration is strengthened to impart professional qualities in students for making them conversant with industrial practices
The Institute’s prioritized quality practices are student centric. Thus the outcomes of industrial collaborations
o Enhancements of internships
o Sponsored projects
o Better employability
The industrial collaborations also helps in learning core competent technological skills in respective thrust areas.
2. Outcome Based Education
D Y Patil College of Engineering is a flagship college of Dr D Y Patil Prathisthan established in year 1984 and enjoys high reputation in real life earned by Management, Faculty, and Alumni’s. Our Alumni’s are of high engineering acumen and are well placed globally.