- The new trend of automation is driven by robotics and automation into the workplace, to free human workers from dangerous jobs, to enhance quality by eliminating errors and diminishing variability and to pierce manufacturing costs with ever-cheaper machines. Today’s advanced automation systems have additional capabilities to capture the entirely new sources of value in manufacturing.
- Currently, the field of robotics and automation is mutating at a very fast rate. Robots are being used in industries like automobile sector at a extensive. The estimated number of robots installed worldwide is around 50 million. Robots are being used to mop the floor, in food industry for making various dishes and even for reducing house works of old age people. Whatever the scientists imagine about the robotics and automation in the past is slowly become a reality. From exploring the surface of Mars to having a conversation like humans marvellous achievements was observed. Currently Japan and South Korea are the leading countries in the field of robotics and automation development as they have invented most innovative human-like robots. Australia led in commercial application in the field robotics and automation like cargo handling and mining. U.S, used robot technology mainly in military and defence like unarmed Ariel, ground and maritime system and much more.
- Robotics and Automation Engineering Course will provide a comprehensive educational environment and enable students to gain expertise in next generation Robotics and Automation systems.
- Course consist of subjects from multiple disciplines which will enable students to think about robotics from a holistic approach. This program will prepare a skilled industry workforce as well as expert researchers who will be able to provide leadership in a world that is increasingly dependent on technology.
- Robotics and Automation Engineering uses control systems and information technologies to reduces the human work efforts in the production of goods and services. In the scope of industrialization, automation is a step beyond mechanization.
- Robotics and Automation Department is having a strong industry-connect with more than 140 Industries to provide internships, projects and placements to our students.
- Department is having well equipped state-of-the-art equipment and Laboratories like Robotics Lab, Automation Lab, Computer Aided Manufacturing Lab, Robotic Simulation Lab
- Robotics and Automation generally deals with the design, construction, operation and use of technology, as well as software support with their control, sensory feedback, and information processing. These technologies are used to develop machines that reduces the humans efforts and perform their actions.
- The Robotics and Automation engineering department is establish to meet the requirements of Graduate Trainee Engineers in the field of Industrial Automation, Automotive Industry area where inters-discipline skill and knowledge in both hardware and software development is important. This program is structured to prepare quality engineers for various segments like Biomedical Engineering, Manufacturing, Pharmaceuticals Aerospace and many more.
Some Remarkable Inventions in the Field of Robotics and Automation
Scope of Robotics and Automation
The students after pursuing Under Graduation in Robotics and Automation Engineering will be able to Analyse the requirements of Industry 4.0, Design Robot models, Design production line robots as per Industry needs, Robot maintenance and testing. Further students can also pursue their Higher Education in specialised areas of robotics like Mechatron0069cs, Manufacturing and Automation, Micro-Robotics, Robot Motion Planning, Signal Processing, Robot Manipulators, Artificial Intelligence, Automation Cybernetics & Robotics, Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Human Robot Interaction, Marketing Automation, Industrial Automation etc.