Benediction by HOD
Dr. Mrs. P. Malathi
Department was established during the inception of the Institute in 1984 as the department of Electronics Engineering. It was converted to Electronics and Telecommunication in 2001 with an intake of 120 students to remain synchronized with the modern trends at present and in the foreseeable future.
The objective of the department is to impart quality education, training and research by providing the healthy and conducive environment. The department runs an undergraduate program and two post graduate programs on VLSI and embedded systems & Communication networks to cater the ever challenging needs of Industry, Public and Service sectors. Department has well-equipped technical infrastructure with latest software and hardware for design, simulation and testing.
A blend of experienced, highly qualified and motivated academic faculty contribute to achieve academic excellence by providing the best possible education and training the students. Among them, two Professors and one Associate Professor with Ph,D., having extensive teaching / research experience and have several International / National Journal publications and conference presentations to their credit. Four faculty members have registered for Doctoral programme in various fields of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering.
Experts from Industries are invited regularly to deliver lectures on latest trends to promote closer interaction between academics and Industry. To develop multidimensional personality of students, the academic studies are balanced with various co- curricular and extra-curricular activities. Our students have got great openings in multinational companies and many have completed their higher education in renowned foreign universities. Department is fully dedicated to the enhancement and spread of knowledge in the field of engineering and technology.
I am confident enough that with our motto “In pursuit of Excellence”, in next to no time we will expand in all dimensions to deal with the needs of the corporate world.
Short Term Goals
- To enhance the academic performance of the students through a strong teaching learning process.
- To conduct the programmes for overall development of the students i.e. professional, technical skills and leadership, entrepreneurial qualities.
- To motivate and facilitate faculty members to acquire higher qualifications.
- To organize conferences and seminars for students and faculty to inculcate research culture in them.
- Crafting a state of art research center to facilitate the faculty members to pursue their higher studies leading to the doctoral degrees.
- To attain the sponsorships from the external agencies for shaping the idea into a product through projects.
- To strengthen the industry-institute interaction to enhance the employability of the students.
- To acquire the services of competent training agencies to train the students in soft skills and personality development programme.
Long Term Goals
- Establishment of centers of excellence in the core areas of Electronics and telecommunication Engineering to take up research projects from National and International funding agencies.
- To ensure the quality education by getting NBA Accreditation.
- To initiate faculty and student exchange programmes and twinning programmes through collaboration with Global Universities / Industries.
- To establish an Industrial Interaction Partnership cell.
- To establish an Entrepreneurship cell for the department